Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Christian Peacemaker Teams

As some of you know we have recently returned from a delegation with the Christian Peacemaker Teams (http://www.cpt.org/).
We spent two weeks on a delegation to the West Bank in the Occupied Territories of Palestine.

We spent time in Al-Quds (Jerusalem), Beit Lahem (Bethlehem), Hebron and At Tuwani.

I have put up more photos (with descriptions) on Facebook. The links are below:

This first album has general photos of our time with CPT, as well as some insights into Palestinian response to the continued occupation of their land.


This second album has specific photos of Hebron and At Tuwani, as well as some thoughts on the nature of occupation and oppression.
In the coming months we will make presentations around Australia with a twofold aim:
1) to promote an alternative narrative to the mainstream views about the Israel/Palestine conflict, and in the process build up solidarity for the Palestinian cause; and
2) to promote CPT and its work, and to hopefully build up enough support to form an Australasian regional CPT group.

Please get in touch with us if you want more information on our talks, or how to learn more about the Israel/Palestine conflict.

1 comment:

Maria Lucia Uribe Torres said...

Hey Erin and Casper, thanks for your message on my blog. Sorry for late reply. Your blog is very interesting. I unfortunately will not start my Masters in February due to work reasons. I decided to do it in June but then I was informed by the EPU that they are changing the curriculum and I should decide to start either in February or September. I decided to do it in September. I hope anyway that we can meet somehow. I live in France close to Geneva in case you are passing by. Hugs
Malu